Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Even when coming clean, lying liars lie.

I encourage everyong to read the article that J-Pod linked. In summary, Linda Walther Tirado wrote an essay about her being poor, and how it was a never-ending sinkhole from which there was no hope of escape. Some excerpts:

It’s that now that I have proven that I am a Poor Person that is all that I am or ever will be...
You have to understand that we know that we will never not feel tired. We will never feel hopeful. We will never get a vacation. Ever. We know that the very act of being poor guarantees that we will never not be poor.

The linked article does a good job explaining how the whole thing was fraudulent, and mentioned how "Ms. Tirado came clean (sort of)."

You have to understand that the piece you read was taken out of context, that I never meant to say that all of these things were happening to me right now, or that I was still quite so abject.

Emphasis mine.

The linked article, and this article linked to by it, do a fine job spelling out the hoax and many of the ramifications of it. But I did want to point out that Ms. Tirado still was lying when she was coming clean. There is no way to square "I never meant to say... that I was still quite so abject" with "We know that the very act of being poor guarantees that we will never not be poor."

I never meant to say exactly what I said in plain English.

But what else could you expect from someone who describes their political views thusly:

Depends on Where I Am
If I'm in Utah, I'm a pragmatic liberal. Outside Utah, my references get checked to make sure I'm not a GOP mole. I get Dems elected.

By lying about everything. She certainly makes a fine Democratic campaign consultant, if she is what she claims.

No comments:

Post a Comment

By and large I am going to rely on Twitter to be the 'comments' section here. You can submit comments, but moderation is enabled, and nearly all of the time I am not even going to check the moderation queue (although in some circumstances, I just might).