Sunday, May 25, 2014

On Memorial Day, A Way Look At Europe.

I am a Euroskeptic- in as far as it is being directed so far.

But the rise of the 'far right' in Europe worries me. While the press overseas tilts to the left (perhaps even further) than ours does, I don't catch them nearly as frequently conflating 'the right' with 'the far right,' in as far as saying the center-right is really no different. As such, I worry about these. What the media generally describe as 'far right' in Europe is ugly, whatever label is used for it. The rise of it is not cause for celebration. Sure, some policies may have pressure applied, but the risk is high.

It seems somehow appropriate to think of the unsavory recent history of Europe on this day. And learn from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

By and large I am going to rely on Twitter to be the 'comments' section here. You can submit comments, but moderation is enabled, and nearly all of the time I am not even going to check the moderation queue (although in some circumstances, I just might).